Facilities: Maintenance and Repair
Use the following samples, templates, and reference documents to understand how to acquire what you need.
Discover guides and policy
- Buying Tips / Tools_Tips for Using Facilities Category in the MAS (GSA_2021) [DOCX - 17 KB]
- Buying Tips / Tools_Facilities Services Crosswalk: SIN, NAICS, PSC (GSA) [XLSX - 133 KB]
- Buying Tips / Tools_Tips for Facilities Opportunity Information (GSA_2022) [DOCX - 17 KB]
- Policy and/or Guidance_ GSA Multiple Award Schedules Desk Reference (GSA_2019)
- Policy and/or Guidance_ PBS Class Deviation Permitting 10-year MAS BPAs (GSA_2020) [PDF - 233 KB]
- Policy and/or Guidance_Facilities Slipsheet (GSA_2020) [PDF - 1 MB]
Performance Work Statement (PWS): A requirements document for performance-based acquisitions that clearly describes performance objectives and standards expected of a contractor.
- Sample_PWS_Facilities Support Services (DOT_2020)
- Sample_PWS_Services to Buildings and Dwellings (NPS_2020)
- Structural Engineering Support Services PWS - (USDT, 2021)
- Potable Water Booster Pump System Replacement PWS (USACE 2022)
Statement of Work (SOW): A requirements document that clearly and specifically describes the work to be done in developing or producing the products and/or services delivered by the contractor.
- Sample_SOW_Services to Buildings and Dwellings (Department of the Army_2020)
- Sample_SOW_Facilities Support Services (NPS_2020) [PDF - 757 KB]
- Sample_SOW_Facilities Support Services (VA_2020) [PDF - 2 MB]
- Operations & Maintenance for buildings SOW (NRC, 2021)
- Repair of Electrical Distribution System SOW (Dept. of the Army 2022)
- Building O&M Services SOW (GSA 2022)
- Fire Alarm and Fire Suppression Systems Testing, Inspection, Maintenance, and Repair SOW
- Paint and Carpet Replacement SOW (Dept. of the Army 2022)
- Cooling Tower Repair SOW (USCG 2021)
Independent Government Cost Estimate (IGCE): An assessment / estimate of the contract’s potential costs based on industry standards. Please use this link to access GSA’s standard IGCE creation tool
Research and plan
Market Research as a Service Report (MRAS): A no cost market research report developed by GSA. Request Market Research as a Service (MRAS) here.
Sources Sought Notice (SSN): A request used to identify small businesses that would be interested in fulfilling a government solicitation, helping to improve small business contracting opportunities.
Develop a solicitation
Request for Quotation (RFQ):A solicitation type used to obtain pricing information for clearly defined products or services (e.g. COTS). RFQs are typically used to meet the business needs listed in a requirements document