Furniture Acquisition Planning Package
Government buyers can use this APP to develop and release a solicitation for Furniture. Leverage the instructional content below, along with the linked sample, template, and reference documents, to better understand the subcategory and obtain needed products, services, or solutions.
Acquisition Lifecycle Overview
Use the following overview to gain a high-level understanding of pre-solicitation lifecycle stages and quickly navigate to relevant resources
- Discovery: Learn about the current Furniture acquisition environment and review critical resources before beginning your acquisition
- Relevant documents: Buyer's Guides and other critical resources
- Requirements Definition: Document your needs and estimate associated costs to set the foundation for a successful acquisition
- Relevant documents: SOO, PWS, SOW, IGCE, Buying Tips / Tools
- Market Research and Planning: Inform your acquisition strategy by collecting information on the supply base, available contract vehicles, and key regulations
- Relevant documents: RFI, Sources Sought Notice, Market Research Report, MRAS Report, Policy and/or Guidance
- Solicitation Development: Develop solicitation documents to help clearly express your business requirements and invite private sector contractors to compete for your work
- Relevant documents: RFQ, RFP, Other Solicitation Resources and Templates
Learn about the current Furniture acquisition environment and review critical resources before beginning your acquisition
Gain a broad understanding of acquisitions in this subcategory using the resources below. Please note that certain resources are also listed within the other stages
Document your needs and estimate associated costs to set the foundation for a successful acquisition
Use these samples and templates to develop a requirements document for your acquisition. If you expect your acquisition to exceed the simplified acquisition threshold, use the IGCE resources to develop a cost estimate to supplement your requirements document. Additional Buying Tips and Tools have also been provided to help inform requirements and estimate costs / pricing.
Statement of Work (SOW)
A requirements document that clearly and specifically describes the work to be done in developing or producing the products and/or services delivered by the contractor
- Office Furniture SOW (USPTO)
- Template for Furniture Design SOW (GSA)
- Questionnaire to Develop a Furniture Design SOW
- Instructions to Develop a Furniture Design SOW
Independent Government Cost Estimate (IGCE)
An assessment / estimate of the contract's potential costs based on industry standards. Please use this link to access GSA's standard IGCE creation tool
Buying Tips / Tools
Other documents that inform requirements, support cost / pricing definition, or provide insight into available products / services
Inform your acquisition strategy by collecting information on the supply base, available contract vehicles, and key regulations
Use templates or the MRAS resource to conduct your own market research. Alternatively, review sample documents to understand existing capabilities to meet your business / acquisition needs. Additional Policy and/or Guidance has also been provided to help identify key regulations or processes for existing contract vehicles.
Sources Sought Notice (SSN)
A request used to identify small businesses that would be interested in fulfilling a government solicitation, helping to improve small business contracting opportunities.
Market Research Report (MRR)
A type of market research report outlining available commercial capabilities, vendors, and contract vehicles to meet business / acquisition needs. These reports can be produced independently or through MRAS (detailed below).
Market Research as a Service Report (MRAS)
A type of market research report developed by GSA's internal Market Research as a Service (MRAS) offering. Please use this link to request a MRAS report
Policy and/or Guidance (P&G)
Various documents that provide additional context on specific vehicles or flag specific policies that buyers should be aware of when executing an acquisition. Buyers should also ensure they check their agency’s own internal policies and guidance
Develop solicitation documents to help clearly express your business requirements and invite private sector contractors to compete for your work
Use samples and templates to develop your own solicitation and request responses from contractors capable and interested in fulfilling the requirements. The formats below provide different ways to structure your solicitation depending on the complexity of your needs.
Request for Quotation (RFQ)
A solicitation type used to obtain pricing information for clearly defined products or services (e.g. COTS). RFQs are typically used to meet the business needs listed in a requirements document