FAQs for Transportation Service Providers (TSPs)
GSA's new Transportation Management Solution (TMS), also known as TMSS 2.O, is a well established and proven platform.
GSA's Center for Transportation Management offers freight transportation services for federal civilian agencies, and is the sole agency mandated to procure and negotiate transportation rates on behalf of all federal civilian agencies. TMSS 2.0 will enable GSA to:
- Offer transportation service providers the ability to submit rates;
- Accept or reject shipment offers; and
- Execute freight shipments.
- Access to transportation business with federal civilian agencies;
- Receive invoices from TSPs on behalf of the agency customer;
- Quicker payment of invoices through TMSS 2.O and integration capabilities with Third Party Payment Services;
- More streamlined and automated transportation process; and
- Only avenue to submit rates for the customers that GSA supports through its freight program.
There are no additional costs for using TMSS 2.0 beyond the Industrial Funding Fee (IFF) which GSA requires for each shipment offered under this Standard Tender of Services (STOS).
GSA will conduct role specific training so that end-users are taught only the functions they need to know to perform their jobs. Training will be delivered in the classroom or via web conference. Users are also provided with the following role specific training material:
- Work instructions;
- Classroom training presentations;
- Process flows; and
- Quick reference guides.
For information on training email email@example.com
If you are a TSP interested in participating in the Freight Management Program (FMP), visit the Freight TSP Approval Requirements page.