Print Management Solutions - Buyers Guidance and Resources
GSA Multiple Award Schedule (MAS) is capable of satisfying a variety of print management product and services requirements but also very stringent security requirements. The MAS Office Management Printing and Photographic Equipment subcategory includes:
- Copiers and Digital Duplicating Equipment (SIN 333316C)
- Cost-per-Copy Plan for Copiers (SIN 333316CPC)
- Flat Rate Monthly Fee for Copiers (SIN 333316F)
- Post Copying/Finishing Equipment and Supplies (SIN 333244)
- Overseas Copiers and Supplies (SIN 333316OS)
- Copier Rental Solutions (SIN 532420C)
- Operating Lease Plan For Copiers (SIN 532420LC)
- Lease to Ownership Plans (LTOP) Copier (SIN 532420LTOP)
- Managed Print Services (SIN 541611MPS)
The following resources are available to help you buy the Print Management Solution you need. We’re here to help! Email us at email@example.com early in the process if you have questions and need additional support.
Print Management Solutions Webinar on the GSA Print Management Solutions
Benefits of GSA’s Managed Print Services (Special Item Number 541611MPS)
Managed Print Services (MPS) SIN 541611MPS is a holistic MAS service offering that can be tailored to include consumable supplies; imaging devices; maintenance; ongoing optimization services; print policy; print usage and fleet assessment; reporting; repairs; security enhancements; and user support.
Experienced contractors under this SIN can help your agency reduce costs through more efficient use of your existing devices, reduction in the number of devices over time, ease configuration control, lifecycle maintenance, and supply management while freeing up your resources to focus on mission critical activities. Government agencies can choose from a list of experienced MPS Contractors that will enable agencies to:
- Reduce their total cost of ownership by reducing number of devices;
- Ease configuration control, life cycle maintenance and supply management;
- Improving printing habits and policies;
- Improving network, device and end-user security;
- Optimizing device utilization; and
- Reducing the environmental impact of paper output and energy consumption.
Acquiring multi-function devices is a necessity for normal business operations. These devices enable workers to produce, reproduce and distribute information that is mission critical. However, the necessity and criticality of these devices should not translate into a complicated procurement process that introduces fear, uncertainty, doubt, which can result in additional costs to the government. This guide attempts to demystify the procurement process for multi-function devices and equip the Buyer with a step-by-step
method for how to select the appropriate devices and support services to meet the agency’s operational needs.
How to Decide Whether to Purchase, Rent or Lease
When you are deciding to lease or buy equipment for your organization, you will most likely consult FAR 7.401 which will instruct you to consider comparative costs and other factors. Ultimately, the decision to lease or buy depends on an agency’s plans for the items to be acquired along with the agency’s budgetary situation. Unfortunately, Comparative costs and other factors vary from industry-to-industry which can complicate the decision-making process. Comparing the purchase price to the sum of the lease payments is also one of the key steps in your decision to lease or buy. That’s where GSA can help. They have created the following guide and calculating tool to help you decide.
- Guide to Deciding Whether to Lease or Buy [PDF - 360 KB]
- Calculating Tool for Lease Cost and Payments [XLSX - 12 KB]
Need Help Understanding Leasing Terms & Conditions
When acquiring copiers and printers, understanding leasing terms & conditions is extremely important. To make this process easier for you, GSA has developed the following documents that explain the procedures and associated costs of buying, leasing, and renting copier equipment. You can use these resources to learn how to calculate monthly payments, modifications and termination charges, and more.
- How-to Execute an Copier Lease under GSA Schedule [PDF - 919 KB]
- MAS Office Management Category Leasing Requirements [PDF - 221 KB]
- Calculating Tool - Monthly Payments and Termination Charges [XLS - 54 KB]
Sample Acquisition Documents
Use these resources to help you write your requirements - employing best-in-class examples from similar government requests for products and/or services.
- Managed-print-sample (Multi-function Device Management) SOW template [PDF - 228 KB]
- Fleet Assessment SOW Template with Vendor Neutral BOM [PDF - 136 KB]
- Three Phase Fleet Assessment SOW Template [PDF - 113 KB]
- Task Order SOW Template Acquiring MFDs and NPS and Service [PDF - 54 KB]
The shortcut to this page is gsa.gov/printmanagement.