How to Use HCaTS
- Direct-Buy Acquisition
- Assisted Acquisition Services (AAS)
- Guidance on Section 889 of the FY2019 National Defense Authorization Act
For Direct Acquisition, generally, federal Contracting Officers follow these steps to use HCaTS:
- Receive Delegated of Procurement Authority (DPA) Certificate for HCaTS. (Go to HCaTS Training for more information.)
- Conduct market research and acquisition planning.
- Build and issue the Task Order solicitation.
- Conduct source selection and award the Task Order.
- Email the Award FPDS-NG report to email@example.com.
- Administer and close out the Task Order.
Notes for Direct-Buy Acquisition:
- Ordering Contracting Officers are required to comply with their roles and responsibilities described in DPA Certificate and HCaTS Master Contracts.
- Optional scope/requirements advisory services are available at no cost. To request a scope review, go to Pre-Award Scope Review.
- If you have any questions regarding Direct Acquisition process, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
OPM's Human Capital Industry Solutions (HCIS) Program provides seamless, full-service assisted acquisition services that enable you to access to HCaTS providers - private sector experts in the fields of human capital strategy, training and development, and organizational performance improvement. Using HCaTS and HCaTS Small Business Contracts, HCIS specialists will partner with you to develop the entire acquisition packages, including the requirements documents (SOO, SOW, or PWS), IGCE, market research, and request for proposal.
Notes for AAS:
- OPM performs the acquisition on your behalf and provides pre- and post-award support
- GSA provides contracting support services
- These service includes:
- Scope reviews;
- Statement of Requirements library search;
- Contracting support/solicitation development and management;
- Vendor management; and
- COR Services.
- An additional AAS fee will be applied based on the magnitude and complexity of the requirement.
To learn more or to get started, call OPM's HCaTS business development team at 202-606-1501 or 202-606-0482 or write us at HCIS@opm.gov. See OPM's Human Capital Industry Solutions website for more information.
Section 889 Part B of the FY 19 NDAA went into effect on August 13th. This prohibits the Government from entering into a contract (or extending or renewing a contract) with companies that use any equipment, system, or service that uses prohibited telecom as a substantial or essential component of any system, or as critical technology as part of any system, unless a waiver is obtained or an exception applies. Protecting our supply chain is a critical value proposition to our customer agencies.
To support this implementation of 889 Part B, a mass modification has been issued for all HCATS and HCATs Small Business contracts to include the reporting clause FAR 52.204-25 (AUG 2020). You can identify contracts that have agreed to the reporting clause on the 889 Part B Contract Vehicle Modification Status Tracker posted on D2D. This dashboard will be updated daily.
For ordering contracting officers prior to placing an order, please ensure that the contract is modified to include FAR clause 52.204-25 (AUG 2020) and that you obtain representation provision FAR 52.204-24 (AUG 2020) in the solicitation unless their agency policy specifies otherwise or a waiver is obtained.