How to Use HCaTS
For Direct Acquisition, generally, federal Contracting Officers follow these steps to use HCaTS:
- Receive Delegated of Procurement Authority (DPA) Certificate for HCaTS. (Go to HCaTS Training for more information.)
- Conduct market research and acquisition planning.
- Build and issue the Task Order solicitation.
- Conduct source selection and award the Task Order.
- Email the Award FPDS-NG report to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Administer and close out the Task Order.
Notes for Direct-Buy Acquisition:
- Ordering Contracting Officers are required to comply with their roles and responsibilities described in DPA Certificate and HCaTS Master Contracts.
- Optional scope/requirements advisory services are available at no cost. To request a scope review, go to Pre-Award Scope Review.
- If you have any questions regarding Direct Acquisition process, email us at email@example.com.
OPM's Human Capital Industry Solutions (HCIS) Program provides seamless, full-service assisted acquisition services that enable you to access to HCaTS providers - private sector experts in the fields of human capital strategy, training and development, and organizational performance improvement. Using HCaTS and HCaTS Small Business Contracts, HCIS specialists will partner with you to develop the entire acquisition packages, including the requirements documents (SOO, SOW, or PWS), IGCE, market research, and request for proposal.
Notes for AAS:
- OPM performs the acquisition on your behalf and provides pre- and post-award support
- GSA provides contracting support services
- These service includes:
- Scope reviews;
- Statement of Requirements library search;
- Contracting support/solicitation development and management;
- Vendor management; and
- COR Services.
- An additional AAS fee will be applied based on the magnitude and complexity of the requirement.
To learn more or to get started, call OPM's HCaTS business development team at 202-606-1501 or 202-606-0482 or write us at HCIS@opm.gov. See OPM's Human Capital Industry Solutions website for more information.