If you are a leasing customer, you can receive driver safety training for free from GSA Fleet. If you are a federal employee that is not a leasing customer, you can view the discounted pricing on GSA Schedule 874.
Defensive Driving Course
The Defensive Driving Course is a four-hour online course that presents real-life driving situations and hazards. The course helps you change your driving habits and behaviors to avoid collisions and traffic violations.
The course is recommended for drivers of most GSA Fleet-leased light-duty vehicles, including:
- One-ton or less pickups
- Sport utility vehicles
- Passenger vans
- Cargo vans
Professional Truck Driver Course
You are encouraged to complete the four-hour online professional truck driver course if you drive a larger GSA Fleet-leased vehicle, including those requiring a commercial driver's license. This course addresses the most common causes of truck crashes and provides knowledge and techniques to avoid collisions and traffic violations. The course does not replace required licenses, initial hands-on training, or specialized operational training required for specific types of vehicles.
This course is designed for drivers of:
- One ton or larger pickups
- Medium duty trucks
- Heavy duty trucks
- Ambulances Buses
Instructions for New Students
- Go to GSA Fleet Drive-thru.
- Select the link for Defensive Driving Course on the top left-hand side of the page.
- Enter your GSA Fleet vehicle tag number (G-tag) and agency email address.
- A pop-up will present options to enroll in the Defensive Driving Course, the Spanish language Defensive Driving Course, or the Professional Truck Driver course.Select the course in which you wish to enroll.
- After selecting your course, you will move to the registration page. Fill in all your information, including a login ID and a password of your choice, then select Submit. You will receive a confirmation email, including the username and password you created originally for access to the site.
- Select Safety located on the My Place page.
- On the My Courses page, select your chosen course to begin training.
If you are a returning student, you can log in on Safety Serve.