Electric Vehicle Charging Stations
GSA Fleet can assist you in acquiring electric vehicle charging stations. GSA's Blanket Purchase Agreement (BPA) offers 7 brands of charging stations. The Blanket Purchase Agreement is available to all federal agencies who are authorized to lease or purchase vehicles from GSA Fleet.
What is a charging station?
A charging station, also referred to as electric vehicle supply equipment (EVSE), connects an electric vehicle (EV) to an electricity source. There are 3 main types of EVSEs:
- AC level 1, which provides about five (5) miles of range for every hour of charging;
- AC level 2, which can provide 10-20 miles of range for every hour of charging; and
- DC fast charging which can provide up to 40 miles of range for every 10 minutes of charging.
Some EVSEs have smart metering, cellular capability, network connectivity, and other advanced features, while others are more basic.
What charging stations does GSA Fleet offer?
The BPA encompasses a wide range of commercially-available EVSE options for level 1, 2, and DC fast charging stations along with data subscription services for subsequent years. Networked, non-networked, gateway, non-gateway and sub-metered stations were awarded. Be aware that some awarded contract line items (CLINs) include one year of data services and others do not. All awarded CLINs can be purchased through the BPA by federal agencies who are authorized to lease or purchase vehicles from GSA Fleet. The awarded ceiling prices may be discounted by the contractors at the task order level. Data collected from EVSE can help station owners and federal fleet managers manage their fleet and comply with federal reporting requirements.
You can purchase a station by placing a task order against GSA’s BPA (GS-30F-GA082 and/or GS-30F-GA083) through your agency’s contracting office.
Find more information
- All Configurations Awarded [PDF - 18 KB]
- EVSE BPA Fact Sheet [PDF - 272 KB]
- Product Guide [PDF - 822 KB]
- BPA Terms & Conditions [PDF - 241 KB]
- Vendor Information and Instructions on Placing Orders [PDF - 37 KB]
- Which Charging Station is Best for Me [PDF - 400 KB]
- BPA Decision Tree [PDF - 400 KB]
- EVSE Sharing Template [DOCX - 24 KB]
- EVSE Funding & Installation Support for Federal Agencies [PDF - 698 KB]
- PBS Guidance for Installing EVSE at PBS-owned or Leased Buildings
- FAST Act Implementing Guidance for Employee Charging [PDF - 557 KB]
- Executive Order Regarding Efficient Federal Operations
- DOE Federal Fleet Fueling Infrastructure Resource Page
- DOE Workplace Charging Resource Page
- Federal Workplace Charging Case Study
The shortcut for this page is gsa.gov/evse.