Online Driver Safety Offerings
Defensive Driving Course
The Defensive Driving Course is a four-hour online course that presents real-life driving situations and hazards. The course motivates drivers to change their driving habits and behaviors to avoid collisions and traffic violations.
The course is recommended for drivers of most GSA Fleet leased, light-duty vehicles; including:
- One-ton or less pickups;
- Sport utility vehicles;
- 12 passenger or fewer vans; and
- Similarly sized cargo vans.
These vehicles include license plates starting with G10, G11, G12, G13, G14, G18, G41, G42, G61, and G62.
Professional Truck Driver
The Professional Truck Driver Course is a four-hour online course that addresses the most common causes of truck-related crashes and provides practical knowledge and techniques to avoid collisions and traffic violations. Ideal for truck drivers that can not attend regular classroom training. However, it is not a replacement for required licenses, initial hands-on training, or specialized operational training required for a particular type of vehicle.
The course is recommended for the drivers of larger GSA Fleet leased vehicles including those requiring a commercial driver's license.
Example vehicles include:
- One ton or larger pickups;
- Medium duty trucks;
- Heavy duty trucks;
- Ambulance; and
These vehicles include license plates starting with G31, G32, G43 ,G63, G71, G72, G73, G81, and G82.
GSA Fleet offers the driver safety training offerings at no additional charge to leasing customers. Upon completion, students receive a certificate from the National Safety Council that, in many states, can be used to lower personal automobile insurance rates. More than 65 million drivers have learned to protect themselves on the road by taking part in National Safety Council programs.
Instructions for New Students
- Go to GSA Fleet Drive-thru
- Select the link for Defensive Driving Course, on the top left-hand side of the page.
- Enter your GSA Fleet vehicle tag number (G-tag) and agency email address.
- A pop-up will present options to enroll in the Defensive Driving Course, the Spanish language Defensive Driving Course, or the Professional Truck Driver course. Select the course in which you wish to enroll.
- After selecting your course, you will move to the registration page. Fill in all your information, including a login ID and a password of your choice, then select Submit. You will receive a confirmation email, including the username and password you created originally for access to the site.
- Select Safety located on the My Place page.
- On the My Courses page, select your chosen course to begin training.
For course FAQs, visit our GSA Fleet Defensive Driving Course, FAQs page.
If you are a returning student, select this link Safety Serve [a nongovernment website] to log in.