Fourth Generation FSSI Office Supply Solution
The Federal Strategic Sourcing Initiative for Office Supplies Fourth Generation (FSSI OS4) is GSA’s latest FSSI solution for office supplies. GSA’s new and improved MAS 75 features two new and Enhanced Special Item Numbers (SINs) known as OS4. They are purchasing channel solutions that help federal customers achieve significant savings on their office supply purchases. The awards are the result of a collaborative team effort among customer agencies across the federal government.
The new MAS 75 Enhanced SINs will include all of the improvements that made FSSI OS3 a Best In Class solution. By combining the two current solutions (Legacy MAS 75 and FSSI OS4), this new solution will provide an opportunity to achieve significant savings and meet sustainable acquisition and other socioeconomic goals. A major objective of the new solution is to increase opportunities for small business participation by at least five percent (5%).
Additional benefits include:
- Aligning purchasing with existing agency procurement practices;
- Capturing economies of scale;
- Consolidating orders with the new delivery order discounts feature and save as discounts are triggered on individual orders;
- Enabling achievement of socioeconomic goals;
- Ensuring compliance with applicable regulations to include the AbilityOne program, sustainable purchasing requirements, and the Trade Agreement Act;
- Fostering markets for sustainable technologies and environmentally preferable products;
- Providing ease of ordering;
- Providing point of sale compliance, ensuring that purchase card users automatically receive the OS4 price; and
- Simplifying data collection and enhancing transparency by enabling agencies to better manage expenditures and measure cost avoidance.