Third Generation FSSI Office Supply Solution
The Federal Strategic Sourcing Initiative for Office Supplies Third Generation (FSSI OS3) is GSA’s FSSI solution for office supplies. Strategic Sourcing leverages the purchasing power of the entire federal government, reducing costs of goods and services and allowing for better service. FSSI OS3 is a purchasing and requisition channel solution that helps federal customers achieve significant savings on their office supply purchases, while also supporting the nation’s small businesses. Under OS3, prices decrease as the collective purchases grow across the federal government.
GSA has awarded multiple Indefinite Delivery-Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) contracts for office supply products and commodities through the purchasing channel acquisition. Twenty-two of the twenty-three awards have gone to small business entities. This solution provides a great opportunity to achieve significant savings and meet sustainable acquisition and other socioeconomic goals. In this critical time of reduced budgets, this cross-agency strategic sourcing initiative helps the government to leverage data, dollars and good business sense in meeting acquisition goals.
Designated as a Governmentwide Category Management “Best-in-Class” vehicle, OS3 continues to generate significant spend and savings. Customer agencies can expect an average savings rate of 15% when they order through the OS3 contract vehicle.
Additional benefits include:
- Capturing economies of scale;
- Consolidating orders with the new delivery order discounts feature and save as discounts are triggered on individual orders;
- Ensuring compliance with applicable regulations to include the AbilityOne Program, sustainable purchasing requirements and the Trade Agreement Act;
- Fostering markets for sustainable technologies and environmentally preferable products;
- Simplifying data collection and enhancing transparency by enabling agencies to better manage expenditures and measure cost-savings;
- Aligning purchasing with existing agency procurement practices;
- Enabling achievement of socioeconomic goals;
- Providing ease of ordering; and
- Providing point of sale compliance, ensuring that purchase card users automatically receive the FSSI price.
GSA is firmly committed to this Administration’s efforts to realize better value and savings through strategic sourcing. The agency has prioritized increasing small business participation in strategic sourcing initiatives. OS3 is expected to increase the volume of spend going to small businesses, while also delivering government savings. Small businesses received 22 out of the 23 awards, which included awards to SDVOSBs, two consortia of small businesses and a HUBZone vendor. GSA estimates that more than $9 out of every $10 spent on OS3 purchasing will go to small business.
Strategic sourcing leverages the purchasing power of the entire federal government, reducing costs of goods and services and allowing for better service. OS3 will cut costs and increase efficiencies by providing everyday supplies like pens, paper, and printing items from a list of vendors with negotiated low prices.
The shortcut to this page is www.gsa.gov/os3.