Who can buy from Schedule?
The Multiple Award Schedule (MAS) program is open to:
- Federal agencies (military and civilian),
- Mixed ownership government corporations as identified in 31 U.S.C. § 9101,
- District of Columbia,
- Qualified nonprofit agencies for the blind or other severely handicapped individuals for use in making or providing an approved commodity or service to the government,
- State and local governments for certain Schedule purchases,
- Contractors authorized under FAR 51 and many more.
All eligible entities are outlined in GSA Order 4800.2I. If you have questions about your eligibility to use Schedules, submit an eligibility request to our Office of Governmentwide Policy.
Why buy from Schedule?
- Streamlined procedures to increase acquisition speed
- Access to small businesses to support socioeconomic goals
- FAR compliance
- Pre-qualified contractors
- Pre-negotiated ceiling prices to achieve best value
- Access to emerging technologies and innovative solutions
Schedules also offers some Best in Class solutions as well as Blanket Purchase Agreements.
What can you buy from Schedule?
Get millions of commercial products and services. For a full list of Schedule offerings, visit GSA eLibrary or connect to our list of Schedule contract offerings.
How do I buy from Schedule?
How you buy depends on the type of buyer you are and the type of purchase you are trying to make. Select one of the categories below to learn more about how to purchase from Schedules.
Dashboard to Support Implementation of Section 889 of the Fiscal Year (FY) 2019 National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA)
Section 889 Part B of the FY19 NDAA went into effect on August 13, 2020. This prohibits the Government from entering into a contract (or extending or renewing a contract) with companies that use any equipment, system, or service that uses prohibited telecom as a substantial or essential component of any system, or as critical technology as part of any system, unless a waiver is obtained or an exception applies. Protecting our supply chain is a critical value proposition to our customer agencies.
To support this implementation of 889 Part B, a mass modification has been issued for all Multiple Award Schedule (MAS) contracts to include the reporting clause FAR 52.204-25 (AUG 2020). You can identify contracts that have agreed to the reporting clause on the 889 Part B Contract Vehicle Modification Status Tracker posted on D2D. This dashboard will be updated daily.
For ordering contracting officers prior to placing an order, please ensure that the contract is modified to include FAR clause 52.204-25 (AUG 2020) and that you obtain representation provision FAR 52.204-24 (AUG 2020) in the solicitation unless their agency policy specifies otherwise or a waiver is obtained.
What type of Buyer are you?
Other Eligible/Authorized Buyers
See our MAS Desk Reference for a complete buyers guide to the Schedule program.
Key Schedule Regulations, Policies, Features, and Flexibilities
When you use MAS, you enjoy simplified ordering procedures and reduced prices.
In addition to the streamlined ordering procedures, MAS offers key features, including Blanket Purchase Agreements (BPAs), Contractor Team Arrangements (CTAs), and the ability to easily connect with small businesses.
These flexible features allow the following:
- Additional price discounts for government buyers,
- Access to global and local contractors,
- A single contracting vehicle fulfilling complex or ongoing needs,
- Reduced administrative time and paperwork, and
- Help reaching socioeconomic goals.
We’re always updating our contract vehicles, purchasing tools, and offerings. To get the latest updates, please visit News and Updates or visit the GSA Blog to keep up on agency-wide initiatives. If you want to review solicitation refreshes or upcoming modification announcements, please visit the Multiple Award Schedule community Interact.
Alternatives to Schedule
The GSA Schedule is the premier vehicle for government procurement, but not the only option. How to Buy Through GSA offers a high-level overview of federal purchasing programs and the wide variety of supplies and services we offer.