Records Management Solutions
As technology has evolved and federal space has been reduced, the federal need for managing both physical and electronic records has grown in scale and complexity. In response to these challenges and to help agencies comply with federal records management statutes and regulations, GSA’s Unified Shared Services Management (USSM) office and the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) worked together to develop Universal Electronic Records Management (ERM) Requirements. Simultaneously, GSA’s Integrated Workplace Acquisition Center (IWAC) incorporated these new requirements into the Multiple Award Schedule (MAS).
Physical Records Management Solutions Category 493110RM (legacy SIN 51 504) includes, but is not limited to, capabilities to manage the movement, manipulation, archiving, security, and management of physical records, including any ancillary supplies and/or services necessary to provide a total physical records management solution.
Electronic Records Management Solutions Category 518210ERM (legacy SIN 51 600) provides a comprehensive capability to solve the complex challenges posed by the movement, manipulation, archiving, security, and management of electronic records. The abilities to maintain records securely, manage access and retrieval, preserve records for as long as necessary, and execute disposition are included, as well as any ancillary supplies and/or services necessary to provide a total electronic records management solution.
Benefits of Using GSA MAS for Your Records Management Needs:
- Contractors under Electronic Records Management Solutions Category 518210ERM (legacy SIN 51 600) have certified that they are capable of meeting NARA's Universal ERM requirements, helping to ensure records are reliable and authentic, have integrity, remain usable, and include the necessary content and context.
- Contractors have already been vetted for technical, performance, and fiscal responsibility.
- Discounted pricing, terms, and conditions are pre-negotiated.
- Schedule orders count toward small-business goals.
- Other options for streamlined solutions include the use of Blanket Purchase Agreements (BPAs), Contractor Teaming Arrangements (CTAs), and sub-prime contracting relationships.
Records Management Related Document Services
In conjunction with the above newly structured records management solutions, customers can utilize GSA MAS to access a full range of related Document Services including:
- Document Conversion Services
- Document Destruction Services
- Litigation Support Services, and
- Document Production Services.
To learn more about GSA’s records management solutions, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The shortcut to this page is gsa.gov/recordsmanagementsolutions.