5450.39D CHGE 11 ADM Delegations of Authority Manual, Chapter 10, Office of Strategic Communication
- Posted Date: 11/05/2018
- Status: Validated
- Outdated on: 11/05/2025
GENERAL SERVICES ADMINISTRATION
Washington, DC 20405
ADM 5450.39D CHGE 11
November 5, 2018
GSA DELEGATIONS OF AUTHORITY
1. Purpose. This Order updates and revises Chapter 10, Part 1 of ADM 5450.39D, GSA Delegations of Authority Manual.
2. Cancellation. None.
3. Nature of Revision. This directive updates the GSA Delegations of Authority Manual to realign certain authorities as outlined below:
a. The following authorities are transferred from Chapter 3, Part 2, Office of the Chief of Staff, to Chapter 10, Office of Strategic Communication (OSC):
(1) Authorized to issue press releases, official communications, and speak on behalf of the Agency; and
(2) Reviews and approves all official statements and talking points of significant Agency policy.
b. The following new authority is aligned to OSC:
- Oversees the agency implementation of plain language requirements. (5 U.S. Code § 301 note)
4. Delegation of Authority. I hereby delegate the authorities as outlined above and those contained in Chapter 10, Part 1, of the GSA Delegations of Authority Manual to the Associate Administrator for OSC.