2181.1 CIO P (Extended) Homeland Security Presidential Directive-12 Personal Identity Verification and Credentialing
GENERAL SERVICES ADMINISTRATION
Washington, DC 20405
CIO P 2181.1, Extended
October 20, 2008, Extended on April 26, 2019
1. Purpose. This order issues and transmits the GSA HSPD-12 Personal Identity Verification and Credentialing Handbook.
2. Agency Goal. GSA’s goal is to implement the requirements of HSPD-12.
3. Cancellation. CIO IL-07-02 (Homeland Security Presidential Directive (HSPD) -12, Personal Identity Verification and Credentialing) and ADM 7640.2 (Credentials and Passes) are cancelled.
4. Applicability. This handbook provides policies and procedures for issuing and maintaining GSA credentials.
5. Forms. This handbook provides for the use of the following:
a. CIW – Contractor Information Worksheet.
b. DHS 176T – Statement of Personal History for Contract and Childcare Personnel.
c. FD-258 – Fingerprint Card (Used for GSA Contractors).
d. GSA 1380 – National Security Position.
e. GSA 3648 – Public Trust Position.
f. GSA 3687 – HSPD-12 Personal Identity Verification and Credentialing Handbook Revision Request.
g. OF-306 – Declaration for Federal Employment.
h. Quick Name Check Form.
i. SF75 – Request for Preliminary Employment Data.
j. SF85 – Questionnaire for Non-Sensitive Positions.
k. SF85P – Questionnaire for Public Trust Positions.
l. SF85P-S – Supplemental Questionnaire for Selected Positions.
m. SF86 – Questionnaire for National Security Positions.
n. SF87 – Fingerprint Card (Used for GSA Employees).
Chief Information Officer