Construction Inclusion Week 2022
GSA will be participating in Construction Inclusion Week: a virtual industry-wide awareness effort to improve diversity and inclusion in the construction industry.
GSA is celebrating Construction Inclusion Week: a virtual industry-wide awareness effort to improve diversity and inclusion in the construction industry. Throughout this week, GSA is sharing information about GSA’s commitment and accountability to ongoing DEIA initiatives, centered around daily themes. Register for the events for Wednesday and Friday!
Events, Activities and Publications
Throughout the week:
- Calling all Supervisors! At your staff meeting, take advantage of the GSA Candid Conversations Toolkit and these Construction Inclusion Week conversation starters to have honest and open dialogue about diversity and inclusion on your team.
- Get familiar with the regular offerings available on Insite for Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Accessibility
Monday October 17, 2022 - Commitment & Accountability
GSA is committed to DEIA within the Construction Industry. GSA PBS leadership kicked off the week! Watch the video to hear from Nina Albert and Andrea O’Neal about why PBS is so passionate about DEIA in our business and find out about all the ways we are trying to improve.
Tuesday October 18, 2022 - Belonging
As the nation’s largest landlord, GSA is dedicated to creating a feeling of belonging and ensuring that all community members feel valued within the federal building footprint. Today we are sharing the stories of employees [PDF - 751 KB] who feel a sense of belonging within the agency and what it means to them, and highlighting the Universal and Barrier-Free Design Competition, coming to www.challenge.gov in late October.
Wednesday October 19, 2022- Supplier Diversity
3:00 - 4:00 PM ET
Register here for Improving Supplier Diversity
Panel with VA OSDBU, PBS OAM, FAS, SBA, and BIL PMO
Please join our live virtual panel discussion on various topics related to advancing procurement equity and supplier diversity through construction projects related to Bipartisan Infrastructure Law and Inflation Reduction Act.
Attendees will have the opportunity to:
- Hear about GSA’s efforts to promote diversity, equity, inclusion and accessibility.
- Learn about GSA’s role in the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law and Inflation Reduction Act
- Hear from SBA's Office of Capital Access who helps make capital available to small businesses through banks and other lending partners
- Receive information and resources to help find contract opportunities, promote your business and become more competitive.
- Discuss and hear about different project delivery methods and have the opportunity to provide feedback on ways GSA can innovate and improve
- Hear about the upcoming PBS National Industry Engagement Summit including how to register and sign up for one on one sessions
Continuous Learning Points (CLPs) - one (1) CLP will be offered for those that register and attend the entire event.
AIA - Learning Units (LUs) - This event offers one hour of continuing education, participants who attend the entire event are eligible to receive one (1) LU.
Thursday, October 20, 2022 - Workplace Culture
Building a diverse and inclusive workplace culture is vital to building a successful workforce and ensuring employee retention. GSA is dedicated to bringing in underrepresented voices to the table at all levels in the construction process and within its own workforce. To showcase these best practices in the workplace, GSA is highlighting some of its partners, ACE Mentor and NOMA, who work with students to get them interested in careers in the construction industry. We are also highlighting some of the fantastic GSA employees who have been involved in the programs. Find out more here. [PDF - 158 KB]
Friday October 21, 2022 - Community Engagement
12:00 - 1:00 PM ET
Register here for Cradle to Cradle Community Engagement
Panel with Smart Growth America and GSA PBS representatives from Region 9 and Region 2
Please join our live, virtual webinar showcasing The U.S. General Services Administration’s (GSA) efforts around Community Engagement and sustainable and equitable development. As one of the largest landlords in the country, GSA builds buildings and relationships in communities across the country to better serve the American taxpayer. Attendees will get a glimpse into the policies, planning efforts, and a few projects that illustrate the various communities and engagements to best leverage Federal investments and construction in communities large and small. The esteemed presenters will unpack cradle to cradle development, lasting impact, and why that’s important for GSA’s role in design and construction of the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law and Inflation Reduction Act.
The presentation is intended for: Design and Construction Firms, Industry Associations, Chambers of Commerce, and GSA employees (especially new).
CLP 1 Hour Credit will be offered for those that register and attend the entire event.
AIA - LU/HSW 1 Hour credit will be offered for those that register and attend the entire event (pending approval
Beyond Construction Inclusion Week, we intend to foster conversation and engagement on how GSA can continually improve, and highlight how GSA is:
- Strengthening GSA’s commitment to improve diversity and inclusion in the construction industry.
- Designing and constructing accessible and inclusive office spaces that encourage equity.
- Setting the bar to ensure supplier diversity and inclusion through Small and Disadvantaged Business Contracting.
- Growing our industry’s inclusive culture to attract, retain and develop the best talent.
- Engaging communities throughout the design, construction and operational life cycle of our buildings.