FCN 416 Personal Property Disposal Concepts - San Francisco - March 2020
This information-packed course covers the reporting and reutilization of excess and the donation and sale of surplus federal personal property.
This FREE training class is hosted by GSA's Personal Property Management program and is intended for both newcomers to the field and seasoned professionals seeking updates on the disposal process. Accountable Property Officers, Property Custodians, and other personnel interested in learning the excess personal property disposal process are also welcome. This course provides an excellent opportunity for Federal and State Agencies to learn about GSA's Personal Property Utilization and Donation Program.
*** 40 Continuous Learning Points (CLP) will be provided for attendance. ***
During this five-day course, which includes an entire day devoted to GSAXcess®, subject matter experts will present topics covering the entire scope of the federal personal property management and disposition process. The course is FREE and filling up quickly. Register today!
The course will cover in detail:
For travel planning purposes, the course begins at 12:00 p.m. on Monday, March 30 and resumes daily from 8:00 a.m. through Friday, April 3.
- Personal Property Disposal Overview
- Legislative History and Statutes
- Acquiring Excess Property
- Reutilizing Excess Property
- Reporting Excess Personal Property
- Donating surplus property
- Property Pictures
- Disposal of Specialized Categories of Property
- Disposal of Computers, Electronics and Other Special Items
- Procedures for processing hazardous material waste
- Computers for Learning (CFL) Program
- Special Programs and Cooperative Agreements - NASA, FEMA, FEPP, and Census
- Special categories of property such as aircraft, vessels, and firearms
- Seized, Forfeited, Abandoned, and Unclaimed Property
- Sales of surplus property, including exchange/sale, GSAAuctions® and GSA MySales
- State Agencies for Surplus Property - Eligibility and Compliance
- Abandonment and Destruction of property
- DLA Disposition Service
- GSA Advantage!®/GSA Global Supply™ and ServMart
- UNICOR Recycling
Monday class *only* is 12:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Tuesday - Thursday classes are 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Friday class *only* is 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
***All participants are required to register for the class through the GSA Events page.
Please check FedRooms® to find and book a hotel.