- Automated Air Sealing [PDF - 183 KB] seals the building envelope by pressurizing it and then distributing an atomized non-toxic water-based sealant that is automatically drawn to leaks.
- Non-Metalized Window Film [PDF - 202 KB] increases window thermal performance with increased durability, reduced reflectivity, and no cell signal interference. The exterior version is an efficient option even on coated or dual-pane tinted glass.
- Snap-on Window Insulation Panel [PDF - 186 KB] improves the thermal performance of windows, while maintaining window transparency and operability.
- Grid-Interactive Efficient Buildings (GEBs) [PDF - 191 KB] deliver cost savings by leveraging technologies and strategies that provide continuous demand management and load flexibility. GPG is evaluating four different GEB solutions.
- Active Power Management [PDF - 205 KB] regulates incoming power and mitigates sags, swells, over voltage, under voltage, and phase imbalance.
- Carbon Capture [PDF - 203 KB] collects C02 from boiler flue gas and turns it into potassium carbonate (aka pearl ash) to make fertilizers, soap, and other detergents.
- C02-Based Heat Pump [PDF - 206 KB] promises to increase heating and cooling efficiency by capturing and reusing thermal energy while reducing global warming potential. Using carbon dioxide as the refrigerant, this heat pump can deliver cooling down to -22°F and heating up to 250°F.
- HVAC Pretreatment Dehumidification [PDF - 184 KB] controls the building’s humidity level by treating outside air before it enters the HVAC system.
- Hydronic Additive [PDF - 203 KB] promises to improve the heat transfer properties of water to reduce energy use in closed-loop HVAC systems.
- Nanofiber Air Filter [PDF - 187 KB] improves filtration effectiveness, while simultaneously improving energy efficiency by lowering airflow restriction.
On-site power and renewables
- Bi-directional EV Charging [PDF - 205 KB] turns EVs into energy storage assets, increasing resilience and lowering the cost of EV ownership.
- DC Microgrid [PDF - 189 KB] connects on-site energy generation and storage devices to direct current (DC) loads, eliminating conversion losses and optimizing the efficiency of on-site power.
- EV Charge Management [PDF - 202 KB] integrates embedded vehicle telematics with utility signals to optimize charging based on vehicle use, utility rates, and the carbon content of delivered power.
- Modular Charging Station [PDF - 203 KB] combines a 4.3 kW solar array with lithium-ion battery storage and emergency power panels to deliver a grid-independent and transportable energy source.
- Single-Axis Solar PV Tracker [PDF - 203 KB] promises to increase commercial rooftop solar photovoltaic production by adapting a proven utility tracking technology with a new low-profile rocker design that reduces friction, motor size, and the cost of sun-tracking.
- Blowdown Recovery System [PDF - 187 KB] captures and purifies a percentage of cooling tower water that is otherwise flushed in order to minimize mineral build-up.
- Catalyst-Based Scale Prevention for Cooling Towers [PDF - 186 KB] alters the chemistry of hard water to prevent calcite buildup.