In commercial buildings, space heating, cooling, and ventilation take up 44% of energy used on-site, according to the U.S. Department of Energy.
Published HVAC Reports
Working with federal laboratories, we have tested the following technologies. Here are the published results, the most recent on top.
- DOE-2020-02: Sorbent Air Cleaning for HVAC Load Reduction*
- GPG-043: Software-Controlled Switched Reluctance Motor, November 2019*
- GPG-035: Small Circulator Pumps with Automated Control, September 2018*
- GPG-034: High-Performing Commercial Rooftop Units, April 2018*
- GPG-031: Variable-Speed Direct-Drive Screw Chiller, Updated November 2017*
- GPG-029: Smart Ceiling Fans, September 2016
- GPG-004: Condensing Boilers, Updated July 2014*
- GPG-013: Indirect Evaporative Cooler, March 2014
- GPG-012: Fan Belts: Synchronous and Cogged, March 2014*
- GPG-009: Variable-Speed Maglev Chiller, December 2013*
- GPG-006: Variable Refrigerant Flow, December 2012*
*M&V Results Demonstrate Deployment Potential for GSA