According to the Environmental Protection Agency's s Energy Star program, lighting consumes close to 35% of the electricity used in U.S. commercial buildings. It also affects other building systems through its electrical requirements and the waste heat it produces.
Published Lighting Reports
The GPG program, working with federal laboratories, has tested these technologies in GSA buildings. Here are the published results, most recent on top.
- GPG-037: Advanced Lighting Controls and LED, November 2018*
- GPG-030: TLED Lighting Retrofits with Dedicated Drivers, September 2016*
- GPG-026: LED Downlight Lamps for CFL Fixtures, April 2016*
- GPG-024: LED Fixtures with Integrated Advanced Lighting Controls, August 2015*
- GPG-022: Wireless Advanced Lighting Controls, May 2015*
- GPG-015: Integrated Daylighting Systems, July 2014*
- GPG-002: Occupant Responsive Lighting, September 2012*
*M&V Results Demonstrate Deployment Potential for GSA