Executive Order on Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors
President Biden announced that vaccination will be required for contractors that do business with the Federal Government in his COVID-19 Action Plan (See “Vaccinating the Unvaccinated”). The President also signed the Executive Order on Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors on September 9, 2021, which directs executive departments and agencies to implement this policy consistent with guidance to be issued by the Safer Federal Workforce Task Force.
- Prior to being contractually required to be vaccinated, onsite contractor employees who are not fully vaccinated must provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test from no later than the previous 3 days prior to entry to a federal building. For more information and updates on Federal Contractor COVID Safety Protocols, please visit the Safer Federal Workforce website.
- Contracts and contract-like instruments will include a clause incorporating COVID-19 vaccination requirements consistent with guidance to be issued by the Safer Federal Workforce Task Force and to the extent permitted by law.
- The Safer Federal Workforce Task Force will, by September 24, 2021, provide additional guidance, definitions, protocols, and exceptions related to this policy.
GSA is in the process of developing its implementation plan and will continue to provide information and updates, which will be posted on this webpage.
Questions regarding GSA's implementation plan should be sent to email@example.com
We're taking several measures to enhance safety and health in GSA-controlled federal and leased locations in response to COVID-19 (Coronavirus). GSA is also helping federal agencies, and state and local governments, get the materials and services they urgently need to continue mission critical work. This includes the following:
- GSA created buying guides for key products and services that agencies need to respond to COVID-19
- Buyers can temporarily procure non-TAA Compliant essential products under Multiple Award Schedule Contracts for certain Federal Supply Classes (e.g. masks, sanitizer, soap, bleach, disinfectants).
- State and local agencies have access to GSA MAS Purchasing Programs.
- We've also compiled relevant acquisition information and resources on Acquisition.gov, the Acquisition Gateway, and GSA Advantage!
- Incorporated new standards in our custodial contacts in federally-owned buildings to include the disinfection of solid, high-contact surfaces in common and high-traffic areas.
- Government purchase card holders from participating agencies can purchase COVID-19 products from awarded e-marketplace platform providers under the Commercial Platforms program.
- Any federal user, civilian or military, can requisition supplies from GSA Global Supply and pay with an Activity Address Code (AAC) or purchase card.
For questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. For media inquiries, please contact email@example.com.