2016 Plain Writing Act Compliance Report
Plain Writing Act Compliance Report
April 27, 2017
I. Senior Agency Official for Plain Writing:
Names of Plain Language coordinators within the agency
Katherine Spivey, Plain Language Launcher, firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
II. Explain what specific types of agency communications have you released by making them available in a format that is consistent with the Plain Writing guidelines.
- Press releases
- GSA blog
- Great Government through Technology blog
- web pages
- Making It Easier to use IT Schedule 70
III. Inform agency staff of Plain Writing Act’s requirements:
- Information on the Act is posted on the agency intranet with shortcut.
- Plain Language Group on Salesforce Chatter (formed 1/3/2012) over 60 members.
- The Office of Communications and Marketing produced electronic signage for our lobby monitors.
IV. Agency provided the following training sessions:
- Office of Strategic Communications - 15 people
- Chief Information Officer's Communications team - 5 people
- 585 new hires took the online course at GSA Online University
- State Department UX Exponential conference
- Journalism class at Georgetown University
- Acquisition Gateway content manager
V. Ongoing compliance/ sustaining change
Name of agency contact for compliance issues: Katherine Spivey
VI. Agency’s plain writing website
Website address: /plainlanguage
VII. Customer Satisfaction Evaluation after Experiencing Plain Writing Communications
In July 2011, we created and posted an email address, firstname.lastname@example.org, published on our plain language page, www.gsa.gov/plainlanguage. In 2016, no one contacted us asking to clarify any GSA.gov page. We did get spam.