In commercial buildings, space heating, cooling, and ventilation accounts for 44 percent of energy used on site, according to the U.S. Department of Energy. The GPG program selected multiple innovative HVAC technologies to investigate their usefulness, effectiveness, and applicability across the GSA portfolio.
Published Energy Management Findings
The GPG program, in association with federal laboratories, has subjected the following technologies to real-world measurement and verification in GSA buildings. Links to published results are listed below.
- Advanced Power Strips for Plug Load Control, September 2012*
- Chiller Plant Control Optimization System, September 2016*
- Socially Driven HVAC for Personal Control, December 2015*
- Wireless Sensor Networks for Data Centers, March 2012*
- Wireless Thermostats for Pneumatic Systems, March 2015*
*M&V Results Demonstrate Deployment Potential for GSA