Office of Information Technology Category
Headed by Assistant Commissioner Kay Ely, the Office of Information Technology Category (ITC) within the Federal Acquisition Service is responsible for providing access to best-value information technology (IT) and telecommunications products, services, and solutions to federal, state, local, and tribal government agencies.
Headed by Deputy Assistant Commissioner Bill Zielinski, the IT Category oversees the IT marketplace and IT Category's five IT subcategories: IT Hardware, IT Security, IT Services, IT Software, and Telecom.
Category Operations plans category development, designs and develops new solutions, modifies existing solutions, and tracks and reports performance:
- Manage portfolio of solutions;
- Monitor performance and utilization of solutions that support the IT category;
- Support customer service activities; and
- Recommend creating new category solutions or modifying existing ones.
Led by Deputy Assistant Commissioner Keith Nakasone, Acquisition Operations is the most experienced and largest fee-for-service acquisition organization in federal government, doing over $24 Billion in contracts and managing over 5,000 contracts.
We offer our government clients the smarter technology solutions they need:
- A full range of IT and telecommunications products and services,
- Solutions to help you meet your mandates, and
- Pre-competed contracts that save you time and money.
The shortcut to this page is www.gsa.gov/itcabout.