IT Accessibility/Section 508
When Federal agencies develop, procure, maintain, or use Electronic and Information Technology (EIT), Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 requires that Federal employees with disabilities have access to and use of information and data that is comparable to the access and use by Federal employees who are not individuals with disabilities, unless an undue burden would be imposed on the agency.
GSA’s Office of Information Integrity and Access is charged with educating Federal employees about their responsibilities under Section 508, and building the infrastructure necessary to support Section 508 implementation government-wide.
- 2017 Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Final Standards and Guidelines 36 CFR Parts 1193 and 1194, RIN 3014-AA37
- Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended (29 U.S.C. § 794 (d))
- More about Section 508 Laws
- Web Policy - Accessibility
- Section508.gov - policy guidance and tools to help agencies buy, build and manage accessible technologies, and information for vendors selling accessible technology.
- BuyAccessible Wizard - conduct market research and find accessible IT products and services.
The shortcut to this page is www.gsa.gov/section508