Personal Property Awards
The Office of Personal Property Management Policy annually recognizes exemplary initiatives, innovations, best practices, and projects with two distinct awards: The Miles Romney Achievement Award and the Gold Star Award of Excellence.
Miles Romney Achievement Award
The Miles Romney Achievement Award for innovation in Personal Property Management was instituted in 1998 to recognize Federal agencies that implement new property management practices. Agencies are rewarded for new practices that maximize the reuse of government assets and make improvements to current property disposition processes. GSA looks for-
- Innovative personal property management practices;
- New property management practices that maximize the reuse of government assets; and
- Improvements to current property disposition processes.
The Gold Star Award for Excellence
The Gold Star Award for Excellence is to recognize a federal agency’s innovative implementation of Executive Order 12999, Educational Technology: Ensuring Opportunity for All Children in the Next Century. Agencies are encouraged to share their Computers for Learning innovative, cost-effective, streamlined practices or policies that have improved access to computer technology in America’s classrooms. Recipients of this award -
- Protect educationally useful federal equipment for transfer to schools and educational nonprofit organizations;
- Lead to the efficient transfer of educationally useful federal equipment to schools and nonprofit organizations;
- Assist in teachers’ professional development; and/or
- Help connect America’s classrooms to the World Wide Web.