The Real Property Policy Division promotes and supports government-wide programs that improve the efficiency of real estate management by federal agencies.
Specific activities include:
- Helping federal agencies comply with Executive Order 13327 [PDF - 158 KB] "Federal Real Property Asset Management" and "The National Strategy for the Efficient Use of Real Property";
- Supporting the Federal Real Property Council (FRPC), Office of Management and Budget (OMB), and Senior Real Property Officers on federal real property asset management issues;
- Overseeing and improving the Federal Real Property Profile Management System (FRPP MS), the Federal government’s "database of all real property under the custody and control of executive branch agencies," except when otherwise required for reasons of national security;
- Collecting and analyzing inventory data that supports the President’s Management Agenda;
- Tracking progress on real property performance;
- Sharing information on Sustainable Development and the McKinney-Vento Disposal process; and
- Directing and developing regulations to ensure effective utilization of, investment in, and disposal of federal real property assets.