eRETA RWA Customer Portal
Coming Soon to eRETA
We are very excited to announce that in May 2017, the General Services Administration, Public Buildings Service (GSA-PBS) will be enhancing its Reimbursable Work Authorization (RWA) intake process by offering an electronic alternative to several existing manual processes.
These new features include:
- Data entry capabilities that allow RWA customer agencies to identify and submit new project or service needs (known as "RWA Work Requests") directly to GSA via the eRETA application, as well as
- Data entry capabilities that allow RWA customer agencies to enter and submit new and amended RWAs directly to GSA via the eRETA application, as well as
- An integrated digital signature solution.
Additional details and available resources about how each of these features will work is provided as follows:
- Available Now:
- Promo Guide - Electronic RWA Enhancements Coming May 2017
- User Guide - Submitting RWA Work Requests to GSA in eRETA
- User Guide - Requesting and Applying Digital Signatures
- Coming in April 2017
- RWA Customer Agency Survey - check your e-mail in early April
- E-mail communications announcing online training/demonstration dates
- Coming in May 2017
- User Guide - Submitting RWA Amendments to GSA in eRETA
- Video User Guides of all paper User Guides mentioned above
- E-mail communications announcing eRETA electronic tools Go-Live Date and instructions on upgrading read only accounts to data entry accounts
What are RETA and eRETA?
- Since 2005, GSA associates have entered and managed RWA information in the RWA Entry and Tracking Application (RETA).
- In 2011, the external RWA Entry and Tracking Application (eRETA) was introduced to RWA customer agency users to provide Read-only access to their RWAs.
- In October 2015, RETA/eRETA 7.0 was released which combined the two applications into a single application and will officially be labeled as RETA to both external and internal users.
- While a single application, customer agency users and GSA associates will log into RETA from separate portals.
- Despite the combined name of the single application, external customer agency users should continue to refer to the RWA application as eRETA, continue to access this page using the shortcut www.gsa.gov/ereta, and continue to email questions/issues to eRETA@gsa.gov.
- The RETA/eRETA family allows users to query all RWAs (open, substantially complete, financially closed, and historically purged) related to the Agency Bureau Code(s) they have access to.
- All Customer agency users have access to the following screens:
- RWA Search - basic Read-only view of all RWA Data Entry Screens representing the fields on the RWA 2957 Form
- Financial Review Search - provides RWA Financial Activity sliced and diced in a variety of ways
- Documentation Search - provides access to an electronic documentation file of all related documents for a given RWA
- Estimate Search - provides access to Summary Cost Estimate and Overtime Utility Estimates and their related Data Entry screens (Read-only)
eRETA User Account Request Process
STEP 1: Complete the eRETA User Account Request Form. Use the List of Agency Bureau Codes (ABCs) below to help complete the on-line form. The "eRETA User Account Request Form" link above opens a Google Form. Some agency firewall settings block this website. If you are unable to open the link above, please email us at eRETA@gsa.gov and request to complete the "eRETA User Account Request Form" via email.
Please Note: Only select Agency Bureau Codes (ABC's) listed on the attachment below. The Department of Treasury is migrating from a 4-digit ABC to a 5-digit ABC. eRETA is one of the first systems adopting the new 5-digit format. eRETA Users who received access previous to July 2013 have already had their ABC's migrated to the new 5-digit code. Users who are requesting access are required to use the correct 5-digit ABC, which can be found in the excel document below:
STEP 2: Complete the "eRETA Application Clearance Verification Form [DOCX - 26.03 KB]". This form is required by GSA's Personnel Security Office. Because this form requests Personally Identifiable Information (PII), please share it with your Agency's Personnel Security office (or Human Resources Office) who will then send it on to GSA Personnel Security.
NOTE: Steps 1 and 2 of the eRETA User Account Request Process are separated due to the PII captured in Step 2. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause, but we are serious about protecting your PII and want to ensure it is reviewed only by those with proper authorization.
- If you do not have an HSPD-12 clearance, please be sure to provide sufficient details in the "Additional Justification" block in Section 2 on the eRETA Clearance Verification Form.
STEP 3: After your request has been processed and all approvals have been granted, the GSA National Application Helpdesk will send a verification email to the email address provided in Step 1. Follow the steps in the verification email to finalize your account.
Launch eRETA in the PBS External Portal.
For additional resources and information, please reference the documents below as well as the eRETA demonstration tab at the left.
- RETA/eRETA 7.0 Promo Guide[PDF - 648.30 KB] - This promotional guide outlines the primary enhancements introduced with RETA/eRETA 7.0 released in October 2015.
- eRETA Quick Reference Guide [PDF - 540.88 KB] This guide provides step by step instructions on how to log into eRETA and navigate the search feature.
- Understanding eRETA Financial Information [PDF - 509.15 KB] This guide provides three different ways to view RWA search results, while providing insight into some of the calculations behind the eRETA data.
- How to use eRETA to lookup VCSS Account Codes/BOACs [PDF - 619.99 KB] While VCSS and eRETA are independent customer facing applications, this QRG will show you how to use eRETA to properly identify what Account Codes/BOACs your VCSS account needs to have access to.
RWA Billing Statements - VCSS
RWA Billing statements are not posted in eRETA, however they are available online. Go to the "Billing & Payment" section to learn how to obtain copies of RWA and HOTD Billing Statements.
Visit our "Training and FAQs" page for eRETA Frequently Asked Questions as well!
For questions about eRETA or for access issues, please contact us at eRETA@gsa.gov and we would be more than happy to provide further assistance!
The shortcut to this page is www.gsa.gov/ereta.