Electronic Toll Collection Systems
GSA Fleet does not offer toll collection systems. The following are not covered under GSA Fleet leases:
- Parking fees;
- Vehicle storage;
- Ferry transports;
- Undercover license plates; and
- Supplemental insurance.
The mileage rate GSA Fleet charges is designed to cover direct vehicle operation expenses such as fuel and maintenance. Many agencies utilize purchase cards to setup and maintain toll collection accounts.
Many states offer electronic passes that can be mounted in the vehicle to automatically pay tolls each time the vehicle passes through a toll booth. These systems can help:
- Alleviate traffic congestion;
- Decrease time spent commuting;
- Increase fuel economy; and
- Decrease vehicle emissions by reducing the time spent in lines at toll booths.
Note: The link below directs to a nongovernmental website.