About the National Capital Region (NCR)
GSA has been providing over 60 years of dedicated service to our customers. Our purpose in NCR is to help you achieve your agency’s mission. We strive to support the federal government’s workplace needs through the acquisition of office space, equipment, supplies, telecommunications and information technology.
NCR encompasses a variety of activities. Our real estate portfolio consists of 93 million square feet—an inventory of over 880 government-owned and leased facilities that house nearly 300,000 federal workers. Our Federal Acquisition Service (FAS), which includes the WITS program – a comprehensive end-to-end telecommunications service – supports over 90 federal agencies with more than 750,000 customers; and our assisted acquisitions program provides acquisition support, project management and financial management support to assist federal agencies in identifying and acquiring professional services and technology products and solutions.
Here at the NCR we never lose sight of our duty to serve as effective stewards over the American taxpayers dollars. NCR places great importance on its dual role of serving the federal government and the American people.
NCR is currently working on many new projects. A new Food and Drug Administration campus is underway in White Oak, Maryland and the modernization of the U.S. Department of the Interior headquarters in Washington, DC is continuing.
NCR has completed several noteworthy projects including:
- WITS 3 replacing WITS 2001.
- a new Census Bureau campus at Suitland, Maryland, a Silver LEED® rated building;
- a new home for EPA’s Office of Solid Waste and Emergency Response (OSWER) and Office of Prevention Pesticides and Toxic Substances (OPPTS) at One and Two Potomac Yard, a Gold LEED® rated building (preliminary);
- a new home for NOAA's Satellite Operations Facility (NSOF) in Suitland, Maryland, a Silver LEED® rated building (preliminary); and
- the new Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms headquarters building.
GSA can serve as a one-stop shop for all of your agency’s needs. Please explore our website and learn more about what we have to offer. Should you need additional details, please email or call NCR's NCR Directory of Services. We are here to serve you and your organization’s needs.