About the Great Lakes Region
The Great Lakes Region is committed to providing superior workplaces, expert solutions, acquisition plans, and management services – at best value – to help federal agencies serve the public more effectively.
In support of our customers' goals in 2016*, GSA's Great Lakes Region:
- Managed 1,009 properties, totaling 35 million square feet of space; these included 54 historic buildings, 11 land ports of entry (border stations), 35 buildings with ENERGY STAR® designations, and 21 buildings with Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED®) ratings.
- Maintained a collection of 95 pieces of fine art and 29 installed Art in Architecture works.
- Operated a fleet of 15,957 vehicles, 12,356 of which use alternative fuels.
- Outleased 41,238 square feet of vacant space to private businesses and the general public via 103 different lease agreements; these outleases added $2.03 million to the Federal Buildings Fund for use on building upkeep in 2016.
- Awarded $105M – 42% of total regional contracting dollars – to small businesses.
- Received a 68% tenant satisfaction rating (four or higher on a five-point scale) on the 2016 Tenant Satisfaction Survey.
- Recycled 11,000 tons of waste in 2016, diverting 57% of its waste from landfills.
- Donated more than $44.8 million worth of excess and surplus property to federal and state agencies in 2016.
*Source: Fiscal Year 2017 Statistical Card for the GSA Great Lakes Region (statistics as of Oct. 1, 2016).