Operations and Maintenance
Operations and Maintenance Responsibilities:
- Ensure a safe and healthful workplace by identifying, prioritizing and mitigating building risks.
- Serve as the fire protection engineering consultant on fire protection matters related to operations and maintenance.
- Ensure fire protection approaches are consistent with GSA requirements.
- Develop and consult on government-wide policy and regulations related to fire protection and operations and maintenance activities to ensure cost-effective solutions.
- Develop management databases used to determine investment requirements and potential operating profitability, based upon a building’s fire protection needs.
- Support agencies developing safety awareness programs and help them comply with legal requirements.
- Address the general and specific objectives for protection of employees, property, and mission from the affects of fire.
- Review, assess, and recommend risk-based solutions for unique hazardous or potentially hazardous situations.
- Ensure that operation and maintenance criteria and guidance is current, and regularly communicate with regional staff and management to ascertain needs.