Guidance on Issuing GWAC Task Orders
Acquisitions should follow these basic steps:
- Plan the acquisition;
- Define requirements and develop the solicitation;
- Issue solicitations and offer fair opportunity (unless there is an exception);
- Evaluate proposals;
- Document award, debriefings, and protests; and,
- Administer and close out the order.
View ordering guides
The ordering guides below define roles and responsibilities for the GWAC ordering process and provide helpful instructions for using GSA's GWACs.
- Alliant Ordering Guide [PDF - 398 KB]- A guide for ordering and administering task orders under the Alliant GWAC (published 4/15/3015).
- Small Business GWAC Ordering Guide [PDF - 408 KB] - A guide for ordering and administering task orders under the Small Business GWACs, including 8(a) STARS II, Alliant Small Business and VETS (published 5/31/2015).
When using any interagency contract, your agency's internal ordering process takes precedence. If you are the issuing agency's ordering contracting officer, it is your responsibility to know of agency-specific policies for issuing orders on contract vehicles.