General Maintenance Of Yellow Bronze And White Bronze
- Procedure code:
- National Capitol Region Specifications
- Metal Materials
- Last Modified:
- This procedure includes guidance on the routine monthly maintenance of exterior and interior architectural bronze components.
- Industrial Soap Co. http://www.industrialsoap.com/
- Non-ionic Detergent: A controlled suds, silicate buffered, non-ionic, rinseless-type synthetic detergent, containing no soap, alkali, solvents, abrasives, acids or caustics such as Zyfo cleaner concentrate (Industrial Soap Co.), or approved equal.
- Water shall be clean, potable, non-staining and free of materials detrimental to all surfaces to be cleaned.
- Cloth: Clean, cotton waste.
3.01 ERECTION, INSTALLATION, APPLICATION
- This procedure should be carried out by janitorial services, supervised by the Contracting Officer s representative. Anything beyond cleaning should be referred to the metal conservator for immediate repair.
- For regular monthly maintenance and cleaning of the architectural bronze, apply a non-ionic detergent to all surfaces using a sponge.
- Thoroughly rinse the surfaces with water and dry with a clean dry cloth.
- Protect all surrounding materials from water damage.
END OF SECTION