Salesforce Governmentwide Blanket Purchase Agreement (BPA)
The Salesforce Implementation, Integration, and Support Services (SIISS) Blanket Purchase Agreement (BPA) is a multiple-award, governmentwide BPA that consolidates the government’s Salesforce technical development, operations and maintenance, and implementation strategy requirements into one procurement vehicle that can replace numerous agency-specific contracts, reducing both contract duplication and the government's administration costs.
This BPA also actively supports FITARA by establishing technical development standards that will allow agencies to reuse technology that other agencies develop, which will drive increased value for government.
How to Order
- Download the SIISS Ordering Guide [PDF - 516 KB]
- Download the Salesforce BPA Info Sheet [PDF - 1.5 MB]
- Download the CRM Task Order Sample [DOC - 73 KB]
- Download the Agile Task Order FFP Independent Government Cost Estimate (IGCE) Example [DOC - 22 KB]
Awardees are proven enterprise-level Salesforce implementation partners who can manage implementations and integrations within complex, multi-organizational government cloud ecosystems.
When you’re ready to order, consult the industry partners or their specific BPAs for ordering according to Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) 8.405-3(c)(2). The following links go to nongovernment websites.
- Five-year period of performance;
- Estimated value: $503 Million;
- Can support the development of hundreds of shareable cloud applications and public-facing community portals as well as tens of thousands of users;
- Sets standards for Salesforce development allowing agencies to share repeatable applications via the GSA Labs community, improve interoperability, best practices, and app sharing among agencies; and
- Supports FITARA by establishing standards that make it possible for agencies to reuse applications developed by others and by providing a single governmentwide vehicle that can replace numerous agency-specific contracts.
Increased Acquisition Efficiency
Before this BPA, there was no streamlined strategic-sourcing vehicle for Salesforce-certified professional services, and each agency created its own contract. We can improve business practices for the government by addressing this issue to help save money and efficiently use resources.
This BPA will simplify acquiring Salesforce services, reduce costs, and streamline delivery of core services. This BPA ensures that acquiring Agile Salesforce implementation services is easy and reliable.
It also supports GSA's long-term goals of delivering new, innovative IT technology solutions to government agencies to support their missions, achieve acquisition and operational efficiencies, and realize taxpayer cost savings.
The Salesforce BPA is a significant step to support our customers and improve acquisition efficiency and effectiveness in the federal government. This governmentwide BPA consolidates the government’s Salesforce technical development, operations and maintenance, and implementation strategy requirements into one procurement vehicle.
The BPA will drive consistent delivery standards that will allow agencies to share developed applications and best practices while saving them money in Salesforce service awards.
Using this BPA can reduce expenses related to disparate contract management, as many departments today are currently leveraging their own individual BPAs off of IT Schedule 70.