Plain Writing Act Compliance Report
May 15, 2016
I. Senior Agency Official for Plain Writing:
Name of Senior Agency Official responsible for Plain Writing
Denise T. Roth, Deputy Administrator, email@example.com
Names of Plain Language coordinators within the agency
Katherine Spivey, Plain Language Launcher, firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
II. Explain what specific types of agency communications have you released by making them available in a format that is consistent with the Plain Writing guidelines.
- Press releases
- GSA blog
III. Inform agency staff of Plain Writing Act’s requirements:
- Information on the Act is posted on the agency intranet with shortcut.
- Plain Language Group on Salesforce Chatter (formed 1/3/2012) over 60 members.
- The Office of Communications and Marketing produced a electronic signage for our lobby monitors.
IV. Agency provided the following training sessions:
- National Recruitment Center team& (via telepresence) 4 sessions, 9 people
- Enterprise Web Management team - 4 sessions, 14 attendees:
- 462 new hires took the online course at GSA Online University
Digital Gov University (open to GSA and other federal agencies)
|Date||Training Type||# of Attendees|
|3/24/15||Intermediate in-person class||10|
|9/9/15||webinar, web writing||319|
|10/14/15||basics, in-person class||21|
|12/10/15||webinar, descriptive link language||210|
- DoD Social Media Managers group
- Maximus: Plain Talk in Complex Times
V. Ongoing compliance/ sustaining change
Name of agency contact for compliance issues: Denise T. Roth
VI. Agency’s plain writing website
Website address: http://www.gsa.gov/plainlanguage
VII. Customer Satisfaction Evaluation after Experiencing Plain Writing Communications
In July 2011, we created and posted an email address, firstname.lastname@example.org, published on our plain language page, www.gsa.gov/plainlanguage. In 2015, no one contacted us asking to clarify any GSA.gov page. We did get spam.