GSA Releases RFPs for Strategically Sourced Building Maintenance and Operations Phase 2 Multiple-Award Contracts
October 21, 2016
KANSAS CITY, MO -- The General Services Administration (GSA) released two Request for Proposals (RFP) for the Building Maintenance and Operations (BMO) Phase 2 strategic sourcing solution. These RFPs will result in two multiple-award, government-wide contract vehicles (BMO Unrestricted and BMO Small Business) supporting the strategic sourcing initiative to reduce costs and drive efficient purchasing by federal agencies.
The BMO Phase 2 will add five additional "zones" to the solution -- creating reasonably sized regions in which small businesses can realistically compete and operate. Phase 2 zones are:
- Zone 2 - Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Massachusetts
- Zone 3 - Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina
- Zone 4 - Texas, Oklahoma
- Zone 5 - California, Nevada
- Zone 6 - Kansas, Nebraska, Missouri, Iowa, Illinois
The BMO contract vehicles will provide a streamlined process for agencies to acquire building maintenance and operations services, while at the same time reducing administrative costs. In addition, they will:
- Realize total cost savings through reduced price variance (standardized labor categories), with more accurate price comparisons;
- Improve spend and prices paid visibility through data collection and reporting requirements; and,
- Improve transparency and flexibility at the task order level.
Throughout the acquisition process, GSA's BMO team invited industry partners to provide feedback on the proposed requirements, and evaluation criteria. This feedback was taken into consideration as GSA worked to finalize the RFPs.