The Cotton Annex building was constructed in 1937 and was designed by Louis Simon, the Architect of the Treasury. The building’s exterior is designed in the “Stripped Classicism” style with minimal ornamentation, buff colored brick, balanced proportions and simple detailing throughout.
The building was approved to be included on the National Register of Historic Places in 2015 for the north and west facades and the orientation of the lobby and first floor corridor. The north and west wings are the public facing facades while the other sides lack architectural detail and have minimal fenestration.
Cotton Annex National Register Listing [PDF -13.73 MB]
Cotton Annex Cultural Resources Report [PDF - 9.26 MB]
DC SHPO Letter--Cotton Annex Covenant - 21 December 2016 [PDF - 518.27 KB]