Driving is our most dangerous daily activity. Car crashes are the number one cause of death in the U.S. for ages 1-44.
Drive Focused, Not Distracted
Driving while distracted multiplies the risk of crashing 3-23 times. Driver distraction injures almost 400,000 people in the U.S. annually.
Three types of distracted driving:
- Manual - hands off the wheel
- Visual - eyes off the road
- Cognitive - mind off the driving task
Texting while driving incorporates all three distraction types, and increases your risk of crashing by 23 times, making it four times more dangerous than drunk driving.
Fleet Accident Prevention Tools
Log into CRASH to run reports on your agency's or bureau’s vehicle accident data and find accident trends. CRASH reports contain the following details on all accidents and more:
- People involved, including third parties;
- Fault assigned;
- Claim amount and billed amount;
- Accident type; and
- Repair estimates and cost.
- Brochures, handout and fact sheets;
- Drive-Safe newsletters, labeled by topic;
- Short, impacting video clips; and
- Power-point presentations with speaker notes ready to deliver.
Note: Please select the 'Driver Safety' icon in the navigational menu to access GSA's Driver Safety portal.