Accident Management Center (AMC) - Europe FAQs

The Accident Management Center (AMC) provides the GSA Fleet’s customer agencies in the following locations a one-stop service for reporting accidents, incidents and coordinating vehicle repairs:

  • Germany;
  • Italy;
  • Belgium; and
  • Netherlands.

An accident or incident occurring in another country in:

  • Europe;
  • Middle-East; or
  • Africa is the responsibility of the federal agency utilizing the vehicle.

Back to Top

These are questions frequently asked by GSA Fleet Customers and members of the public in Europe.

What should I do if I’ve been in an accident with my GSA vehicle?

Safety Precautions:

  • Stop the vehicle;
  • Turn on your hazards and place the warning triangle;
  • If appropriate, call emergency response;
  • Call military police if you're on a military installation, or 112 if off the installation;
  • Assess injuries then apply first aid; and
  • If the vehicle is operational, move it out of the way of traffic.

Exchange Information:

  • Name of the other driver(s) involved, along with their phone number and home addresses;
  • Insurance information from the other driver(s) to include company name, address, phone number and policy number;
  • Names and contact information of witnesses, if applicable; and
  • DO NOT sign any paper or make any statements as to who was at fault (except to your supervisor or a federal government investigator).

Note: The police report is an important factor in proving fault. It is the agency's responsibility to provide the police report to the AMC.

To help manage financial risk, agencies may want to issue disposable cameras to their drivers to document the crash scene. If you take any photos of the vehicle or the crash, please include them with the Standard Form 91 (SF91). If you decide to take photos, here are some suggestions:

  • Damage (vehicles and/or property);
  • Accident scene (road conditions/skid marks/debris in roadway/vehicle
  • positions);
  • Location identifiers of the accident scene (intersection/address/exit number); and
  • Drivers and vehicles identification (clear photos of insurance cards, license plates, etc.)

Back to Top

I was in an accident outside of Germany, Belgium/Netherlands, or Italy. Whom should I call?

GSA Fleet does not have the capability to provide assistance outside of Germany, Belgium/Netherlands, or Italy. You will have to make arrangements to get the vehicle towed and repaired at your agency’s expense. Contact your agency for additional information.

Back to Top

When should I call the AMC?

GSA Fleet Customers and drivers should contact the GSA Accident Management Center (AMC) as soon as safely possible but not to exceed five business days after the accident.

As the driver of the government owned vehicle, you are the primary person responsible for reporting accidents and vehicle damage to the AMC and to your agency. If the driver is unable to make the report, the responsibility then falls on the their supervisor.

Before contacting the AMC, please make sure that you, as the driver and your passengers, are in a safe location and have the following information ready:

  • Any injuries or fatalities;
  • A brief description of the accident, road and weather conditions;
  • The date, time, and location of the accident;
  • Information on police response, if available and/or applicable;
  • The tag number and location of the vehicle if towed; (If the accident occurs on the autobahn or autostrasse, the local national police will have the vehicles towed as soon as possible to clear traffic); and
  • If seat belts were used and airbags deployed.

Back to Top

What are the AMC’s hours of operation and contact information?

Note: Use (+) and 001 (country code) and drop the (0) if you are dialing from within the United States.


Note: Limited towing services are provided after-hours.


  • Hours of operation are 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
  • Phone number::+32-0-68-276085
  • DSN: 361-6085

Note: Limited towing services are provided after-hours.


  • Hours of operation are 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
  • Phone number:+39-050-548276
  • DSN: 633-8276

Note: Limited towing services are provided after-hours.

Back to Top

What forms do I need to fill out?

The GSA Accident Reporting Kit (Form 1627) is located in the glove compartment of your GSA vehicle. The kit contains the basic forms to be completed according to the FMR §102-34.290. You can find these forms below, which you can fill it out online and then print and send to the AMC.

Standard Form 91, Motor Vehicle Accident Report: Vehicle operator must complete this form at the time and scene of the accident, if possible.

  • If you have taken any photos of the vehicle or the crash, please include them with the SF91.

Standard Form 94, Statement of Witness: Request witnesses to complete this form at the scene of the accident, if possible.

  • It is crucial you get witnesses' names and telephone numbers.

Standard Form 95, Claim for Damage, Injury, or Death: Private citizens involved in an accident must complete this form in order to initiate a claim against the government.

  • Claims by private citizens or their representatives for damage, injury, or death must be submitted to US Army Claims; and
  • Contact your agency for assistance.

Note: We strongly advise agencies to provide a police report when a third party is involved in the accident.

Back to Top

I have filled out the forms. Where should I send them?

According to FMR §102-34.295 you should submit the forms to GSA if the vehicle is leased from GSA Fleet. You can send the completed forms by email to the appropriate center listed below.




Back to Top

Where should I repair my GSA vehicle?

You should either contact your Transportation Motor Pool (TMP), Fleet Service Representative (FSR), or the AMC Technician to locate an approved repair shop.

Back to Top

How are the costs covered to repair the GSA vehicle?

GSA will pay for all repairs performed on GSA leased vehicles required for the GSA Fleet vehicle to be returned to a safe and working condition, according to the FMR §102-34.235. After the repairs or damages are assessed, we will bill the leasing agency for all repair costs, including towing.

If the agency does not believe that the government driver was at fault for the accident, the final decision will be determined by the leasing agency’s internal investigation. If the investigator determines that the government driver was not at fault, the case will be turned over to US Army Claims for collection from the third party at fault. If the U.S. Army Claims office collects money from the third party, they will deposit the money in a GSA Fleet account and the AMC will credit.

Back to Top

I was driving a GSA vehicle and was in an accident with another GSA Vehicle. Who pays?

When two GSA vehicles are involved in the same accident, it does not matter who is at fault in terms of payment for the repairs. Each agency or the same agency must pay for the repairs for their vehicle. There is no reimbursement between agencies.

Back to Top

Can I be held financially liable for repairs to a GSA vehicle?

GSA does not take action against the driver at fault. The leasing agency has the discretion to take whatever action deemed appropriate.

Back to Top

While driving my vehicle, I was involved in a crash with a GSA vehicle. What should I do?

According to the Federal Tort Claims Act (FTCA), individuals who are injured or whose property is damaged by the wrongful or negligent act of a federal employee acting in the scope of his or her official duties may file a claim with the government for reimbursement for that injury or damage.

GSA Fleet vehicles are leased to other federal agencies. GSA is not liable for the actions of the leasing agency. It is the responsibility of the agency employing the driver of the GSA vehicle to process the claim against the government. Any claim filed, should be submitted to the agency leasing the vehicle.

Back to Top

How do I file a claim with the federal government?

In order to file a claim, you must complete and submit a Standard Form 95, Claim for Damage, Injury, or Death to the US Army Claims.

If you need additional assistance and are located in Europe, please contact Martin Kahn.

Back to Top

The shortcut for this page is

Last Reviewed 2016-03-09