Calexico West LPOE Design
The project will be constructed in two phases.
Phase 1 will consist of:
- Five southbound privately owned vehicle (POV) lanes;
- A southbound bridge over the New River;
- 10 northbound POV inspection lanes with primary and secondary inspection canopies;
- Booths and inspection equipment;
- A new headhouse (command center); and
- Sitework to accommodate those facilities on the sloping site.
Phase 2 will include:
- Additional sitework;
- Demolition of the existing port building;
- A new pedestrian processing facility;
- Administrative offices;
- Five southbound POV inspection lanes with canopies and booths; and
- Six additional northbound POV inspection lanes.