How to Order with FSSI JanSan
Multiple-award Blanket Purchase Agreements (BPAs)
For orders at or below the micro-purchase threshold, the ordering activity can place orders with any BPA holder that can meet the agency needs. The ordering activity should attempt to distribute any such orders among the BPA holders.
For orders exceeding the micro-purchase threshold but not exceeding the simplified acquisition threshold, the ordering activity:
- Must provide BPA holder a fair opportunity to be considered for award unless one of the exceptions at FAR 8.405-6(a)(1)(i) applies;
- Need not contact each of the BPA holders if information is available to ensure that each BPA holder is provided a fair opportunity to be considered for each order; and
- Documents the circumstances when restricting consideration to less than all BPA holders offering the required supplies and services.
For orders exceeding the simplified acquisition threshold, unless the requirement is waived on the basis of a limited source justification that is prepared and approved in accordance with FAR 8.405-6, the ordering activity should include the following:
- Provide an RFQ to all BPA holders offering the required supplies or services under the multiple-award BPAs, to include a description of the supplies to be delivered or the services to be performed, and the basis upon which the selection will be made. Note: Orders under BPAs may not be set-aside for small businesses;
- Afford all BPA holders responding to the RFQ an opportunity to submit a quote; and
- Fairly consider all responses received and make award in accordance with the selection procedures.
The ordering activity should fully document evidence of compliance with these procedures and the basis for the award decision.
When ordering from BPAs, the ordering activity must document:
- The BPA holders considering, noting the holder from which the supply or service was purchased;
- A description of the supply or service purchased;
- The amount paid;
- If applicable, the fair and reasonable price determination required by FAR 8.405-2(d) for orders for services requiring a statement of work; and
- If applicable, the rationale for using other than a firm-fixed price order or a performance-based order.
If ordering from multiple BPAs, in addition to the above, the ordering activity must document:
- The BPAs considered;
- Evidence of compliance with the procedures of FAR 8.405-3(c)(2)(iii)(A)(1), (2) and (3) or the justification to not do so, prepared and approved in accordance with FAR 8.405-6; and
- The basis for the award decision.