The Acquisition Gateway, built by GSA, helps federal government buyers from all agencies act as one acquisition community. Our goal is to help make government acquisition great.
15,000+ users agree. Find out what they are contributing [PDF - 174.70 KB] that gives the Gateway its muscle.
This video answers some of the most basic questions: What is it? Who is it for? What is on there? How can I help contribute to it?
Note: This video is hosted by a nongovenment website.
How to Log in the First Time
In order to sign in to the Acquisition Gateway, you first need to assign your personal identity verification (PIV or CAC) card with an Office of Management and Budget MAX User ID. This is a two-step process:
1. Register with OMB MAX
Download step-by-step instructions with screen shots [PDF - 2.09 MB] or
- Go to MAX.gov and click on [Register Now].
- Complete and submit the self-registration form.
- Check your government email inbox for more instructions.
- Use your MAX.gov registered email and password the first time you log in to the Acquisition Gateway.
- Select [Assign PIV to MAX User ID].
2. Log in to the Acquisition Gateway
- Now you can return to the Acquisition Gateway and log in with your personal identity verification (PIV or CAC) card.
- Go to the Acquisition Gateway and select [Sign in] or scroll all the way down to [ENTER NOW].
- Read the Rules of Behavior and select [Federal Government Users] to sign in for full access.
This video demonstrates the step-by-step process.
*Note: This video is hosted by a nongovenment website.
In the spirit of data transparency, GSA has gone live with a public view of the Acquisition Gateway, giving non-government users access to a subset of what is available to federal government employees. The public has access to as much of the Gateway as possible and can experience the same user-centric design as federal users. The Gateway enables that access while protecting the integrity of critical federal data and the security of private information supplied by contractors and others. The public may visit the login page and select the [Non-Federal Government & Public Users] button for access.