GSA manages the development of national policies and standards for seismic/structural safety in federal buildings. We collaborate with private standard setting organizations, code bodies and professional associations to accomplish this. We also:
- engage consultants to conduct seismic studies, and manage the performance of those studies;
- provide Indefinite Delivery Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) contracts to federal agencies to access consulting firms;
- partner with the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and the Interagency Committee on Seismic Safety in Construction (ICSSC), and participate in seismic meetings and conferences;
- manage the Seismic Rapid Response Team including training and supplies;
- conduct triennial meetings with GSA Regional Seismic Advocates for the exchange of project experience, ideas and new information;
- provide technical assistance to GSA regions to assure seismic safety requirements are met;
- monitor and manage GSA's federally leased facilities for seismic compliance;
- obtain a high level of seismic expertise;
- manage "hot" and emerging seismic issues such as code changes and new technology.
For more information, contact Bill Earl (William.firstname.lastname@example.org).