Update: The auction for this property ended on August 9, 2022. The property has been sold for $41.25 million and the deed has been transferred to the new owner.
9th and Clermont - Denver
1055 Clermont Street
Denver, CO 80220
- Portion of the Former Denver VA Medical Center
- 8.265 +/- acres
- 5 buildings and a parking structure containing +/- 775,718 gross sq. ft.
9th and Clermont - Denver, Located within the Hale neighborhood, the property is close to downtown, minutes from the Denver Zoo, City Park, the Denver Botanic Gardens, and the Cherry Creek shopping area. Just up the street is the intersection of Colorado Blvd. and Colfax Ave. Next door, 9+CO, a new development located along Colorado Blvd., offers a live, work, shop, dine concept including a movie theater and open greenspace. The neighborhood also includes a large hospital as well as single family residential uses.
|Building 1 - Former main hospital bldg||Hospital||+/- 488,702|
|Building 19 - Former research bldg||Research||+/- 12,903|
|Building 21 - Former research bldg||Research||+/- 12,800|
|Building 24 - Former canteen/medical bldg||Office||+/- 15,859|
|Building 39 - Emergency generator structure||Utility||+/- 454|
|Parking Structure - 8 floors||Parking||+/- 245,000|
- Invitation for Bids (IFB) [PDF - 506 KB]
- Open House Information [PDF - 699 KB]
- Campus and Site maps [PDF - 639 KB]
- City and County of Denver FAQs [PDF - 206 KB]
- Industry Day Event: Recording Link (Passcode: h?D1pnwV)
Took place: Wednesday, May 25, 2022, 9 a.m. - 12 p.m. (virtual)
See below for Industry Day Agenda and Presentation
- Industry Day Agenda [PDF - 405 KB]
- Industry Day Presentation [PDF - 7 MB]
- 9th & Clermont Flyer [PDF - 604 KB]
- 2003 Limited-Lead-Based Paint Survey Building 1 [PDF - 2 MB]
- 2010 Asbestos Survey Report Executive Summary [PDF - 5 MB]
- 2010 Limited Lead Assessment Report Multiple Buildings [PDF - 2 MB]
- 2014 CFC Inventory Report [PDF - 3 MB]
- 2014 Tank Inventory Report Re Tank 12 [PDF - 4 MB]
- 2014 Soil Condition Investigation Report [PDF - 25 MB]
- 2020 Phase I Environmental Site Assessment [PDF - 38 MB]
- 2021 Limited Phase II Environmental Site Assessment [PDF - 13 MB]
- 2021 RCRA - Inactivated ID Letter from CDPHE [PDF - 3 MB]
- 1870 Land Patent [PDF - 558 KB]
- 1941 City Vacates Alleys [PDF - 855 KB]
- 1948/1 President Truman Project Approval [PDF - 603 KB]
- 1948/4/9 Declaration of Taking CA 2397 [PDF - 2 MB]
- 1948/4/9 Decree on Declaration of Taking [PDF - 6 MB]
- 1948/4/16 U.S. Attorney General Title Opinion [PDF - 307 KB]
- 1948/7 Electric Lines Permit to City-County of Denver [PDF - 449 KB]
- 1948/8 Amendment to Decree [PDF - 7 MB]
- 1948/8 City Creates Alley [PDF - 592 KB]
- 1948/8 City Vacates Streets [PDF - 866 KB]
- 1949/3 Highway Easement to City-County [PDF - 325 KB]
- 1949/3 Waterline Easement to City-County [PDF - 489 KB]
- 1949/6 Judgment Parcel 3 [PDF - 309 KB]
- 1951 Final Judgment Parcels 1, 2 and 4 [PDF - 2 MB]
- 1952 VA Acquisition Tract Log [PDF - 226 KB]
- 1962 Sewer Easements from University to City-County of Denver [PDF - 6 MB]
- 1963 Easement to Mountain States Telephone Company [PDF - 996 KB]
- 1976 Governor Concurrent Jurisdiction [PDF - 1 MB]
- 1983 Denver Returns Birch Easement to VA [PDF - 2 MB]
- 1983 Waterline Agreement with City [PDF - 859 KB]
- 2002 VA Attorney Title Opinion and Title Report [PDF - 16 MB]
- 2014 Title Report [PDF - 12 MB]
- Quarter Section Map [PDF - 3 MB]
(Reasonable efforts have been made to ensure all relevant documents are accessible. If you have an accessibility issue, please contact Veronica Vorva for assistance.)
Bidding Process and Timeline
The property will be sold via on-line auction, and information on that process can be found on the auction website.
- The auction process allows for interested parties to bid on and potentially acquire the property in a transparent, expedited process. Unlike traditional property sales where the price and terms of competing offers are unknown, GSA’s online auction provides interested groups with a high level of control over the bidding process.
- Interested parties are encouraged to review the Invitation for Bids (IFB) and schedule an appointment to tour the property on the open house dates.
- Bidders are required to post a $200,000 deposit and the minimum bid for the property is $15,000,000.
- The property is being sold AS-IS, WHERE-IS. GSA has provided numerous due diligence documents on the property for review by potential bidders. The documents can be viewed in the Relevant Documents section.
For property details and inquiries/questions regarding property inspection:
For media inquires: