24000 Avila Road
Laguna Niguel, CA 92677
The property's size and access offer a unique development opportunity as one of the largest land parcels available in the market within highly desired South Orange County. Surrounding uses include a mix of retail, small office, and residential uses. Major employers within one mile of the property include Costco, Walmart, Home Depot, and Kohl's.
- 89 +/- acre Chet Holifield Federal Building property (marketed as Laguna Ridge) located in the City of Laguna Niguel, Orange County, CA, is ideal for redevelopment
- Great frontage along Avila Road with great visibility and easy access to highways and amenities approximately 4 miles from the Pacific coastline
- Easily accessible to transportation facilities and regional employment centers in the Irvine, Mission Viejo, and Aliso Viejo areas
- Unparalleled flexibility and growth potential with a unique location, size, view amenities, and re-zoning potential
Laguna Ridge, located at 24000 Avila Road in Laguna Niguel, California 92677, is comprised of 2 parcels of land totaling approximately 89 acres, located on the southwest corner of Avila Road and Alicia Parkway, extending east and south to El Lazo Road, south of the Aliso Creek Road interchange with CA SR-73, and five miles west from the Oso Parkway interchange of I-5, both major transportation routes throughout Orange County.
The property is improved with over 1 million square feet of space in the pyramid-shaped Ziggurat building on the main (88 +/- acre) parcel which includes a services support building, fleet area and service yard, 2 guard houses, and 4,777 parking spaces. The secondary (1 +/- acre) central utility plant parcel supports the property's infrastructure including a detached chiller plant, water cooling tower, and above ground thermal energy storage tank.
|Building||Type||SIZE (GSF)||Year Built|
|Water Cooling Tower||Utility||7,370||1971|
|Guard House No. 1||Security||74||1971|
|Guard House No. 2||Security||68||1971|
Frequently Asked Questions
Invitation for Bids
- Laguna Ridge Phase I — Section 1 [PDF - 21 MB]
- Laguna Ridge Phase I — Section 2 [PDF - 3 MB]
- Laguna Ridge Phase I — Section 3 [PDF - 20 MB]
- Laguna Ridge Phase I — Section 4 [PDF - 38 MB]
- Laguna Ridge Phase I — Section 5 [PDF - 38 MB]
- Laguna Ridge Phase I — Section 6 [PDF - 40 MB]
- Laguna Ridge Phase I — Section 7 [PDF - 44 MB]
Additional property information can be found on the Reading Room tab located at: www.gsa.gov/about-us/regions/welcome-to-the-pacific-rim-region-9/buildings-and-facilities/california/chet-holifield-federal-building
(Reasonable efforts have been made to ensure all relevant documents are accessible. If you have an accessibility issue, please contact Tom Doszkocs for assistance.)
Bidding Process and Timeline
The property will be sold via on-line auction, and information on that process can be found on the website:
- The auction process allows for interested parties to bid on and potentially acquire the property in a transparent, expedited process. Unlike traditional property sales where the price and terms of competing offers are unknown, GSA's online auction provides interested groups with a high level of control over the bidding process.
- Interested parties are encouraged to review the Invitation for Bids (IFB) and associated documents.
- Bidders are required to post a $300,000 deposit (refundable if not awarded the property) and the starting bid for the property is $70,000,000.
- The property is being sold AS-IS, WHERE-IS. Due diligence documents for the property are listed in the Notices and Covenants Section of the IFB and are available for review by potential bidders
Tom Doszkocs, Senior Realty Specialist
For Media inquiries please contact:
Christi Chidester Votisek, GSA Regional Public Affairs Officer
Office: 253-931-7127 Cell: 415-816-8512