Policy & Guidance
RWA Customer Guidance & Resources:
- National Policy Document for Reimbursable Work Authorizations [PDF - 3 MB] January 2016: Disseminates the RWA National Policy Document, in its entirety, with the goal of promoting clear and consistent understanding of the Reimbursable Services Program and governing policies.
- National Standard for Small Projects - Types of Cost Estimates [PDF - 36 KB] : These are the types of cost estimates which will be used when formulating a Summary Cost Estimate [XLSX - 268 KB] (SCE) [XLS - 269KB].
- Standalone Option for Furniture Acquisition (SOFA) Program Guidance [PDF - 168 KB] : Program that allows RWAs to include furniture and other personal property items that are not "incidental" to a construction project, space build-out, or other repair or alteration project. Please note, the SOFA program is not available for projects in leased facilities.
- Attachment 1: FAS to PBS Menu of Assisted Acquisition Services [PDF - 57 KB]
- Multiple Buildings Guidance for F-Type and N-Type RWAs [PDF - 41 KB] Permanent Policy Guidance for using F-Type and N-Type RWAs with Multiple Buildings.
NOTE: Adobe Reader is required to view these PDF files. Click here for more information. If the latest version of Adobe Reader is installed and you are still having issues viewing PDFs, please try one of the following:
Year End Customer Letters:
Letters sent to customers providing guidelines for submission of RWAs as the fiscal year progresses and comes to a close. Failure to submit an RWA to GSA by the identified date(s) reduces, and in many cases, eliminates the likelihood GSA will accept the RWA in the current fiscal year.
FY18 Year End Letter will be distributed several months prior to the end of FY18. The FY17 letter is provided below for reference. Information for all customers, Economy Act and Non-Economy Act, was provided in one letter for FY17, unlike the two separate letters distributed in previous fiscal years.
- Year End Letter for ALL Customers [PDF - 112 KB] - FY17
Overtime Utility Communications & Resources:
- Customer Guide to Additional Utility Services [PDF - 42 KB] : Explains the rationale of how GSA calculates the cost of additional utilities using a standardized tool.
- Client Letter- RWAs for Above Standard Services during a Continuing Resolution [PDF - 61 KB] : Memo from PBS Directors regarding GSA reimbursement for Overtime Utility Services during a continuing resolution.
- Customer Guidance for Overtime Utility Services under Continuing Resolution [PDF - 292 KB] : Memo from PBS Commissioner Robert A. Peck regarding GSA reimbursement for Overtime Utility Services during a continuing resolution.
The RWA Form includes Federal Procurement Data System (FPDS) Funding Agency Code and FPDS Funding Office Code (Blocks 14A and 14B) to comply with Federal Acquisition Regulation requirements. For questions regarding these codes, including where to find your FPDS Administrators and information, please reference the Acquisitions website. For even more information, visit the FPDS-NG website.