Resources for Facility Professionals
GSA facility managers must maintain the space and equipment of child care facilities located in their buildings. The Property Manager’s Child Care Desk Guide [PDF - 5 MB] provides insight into:
- Roles and responsibilities, agreements, and program standards.
- Cleaning, designing, and maintenance.
- Playgrounds and environmental health, safety, and security.
View our training on Maintaining GSA Child Care Facilities [PDF - 305 KB].
Child care center designers
How to plan and design child care centers
View the Child Care Center Design Guide [PDF - 2 MB] (and its amendment [PDF - 88 KB]) to learn how to:
- Plan and design child care spaces that meet standards of quality.
- Utilize our child care design process.
- Furnish the site and building interior.
- Make your child care center sustainable (using the sustainability best practices).
For further resources, facility managers should contact their Child Care Program Manager.