More on Occupant Emergency Plans

All federal buildings are required to have an updated Occupant Emergency Plan (OEP) for all tenants. The child care center’s practices must be well coordinated with the main building’s OEP. The child care center’s OEP document should also be should be included in the main building’s own OEP such as an appendix.

It is strongly suggested each classroom have an abridged (hands-on) version for quick, easy reference in an emergency. Copies should be posted in the classroom and stored in the emergency, fly-away kit.

Sample child care evacuation plan:

Last Reviewed: 2019-10-15