Register Your Business

The following process is required for all vendors working with GSA:

  1. Obtain a Data Universal Numbering System (DUNS) Number
    The DUNS number is assigned by Dun & Bradstreet, Inc. (D&B) to identify unique business entities and will need to be submitted with various requests.
  2. Get a North American Industrial Classification System (NAICS) Code
    NAICS codes are used to communicate your industry and find opportunities through various resources. You can register for more than one NAICS code. Be sure to keep a record your registered code(s).
  3. Verify Your Small Business Status on the Small Business Administration (SBA) Website
    On SBA you can verify that the size of your business qualifies your company as a small business. While there, consider beginning the certification process so that you can be eligible for opportunities in one or more of the following socioeconomic groups: 8(a) Small Business, Historically Underutilized Business Zones Small Business (HUBZone), Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB), and Woman-Owned Small Business (WOSB).
  4. Register with the System for Award Management (SAM)
    You must have a DUNS number to register with the SAM, the primary database for doing business with the U.S. Federal Government. Your business must register in SAM before you can be awarded a contract, basic agreement, basic ordering agreement, or blanket purchase agreement. Both the NAICS and DUNS may be requested during your registration process.
Last Reviewed: 2020-08-17