Selected Reading On General Mechanical Requirements
- Procedure code:
- Preservation Technology Source Book
- Basic Mechanical Requirements
- Last Modified:
This standard includes a listing of some known sources that may be referenced for additional information on specific issues relating to this subject.
- Conrad, Ernest A. "Saving Our Historic Building Systems." The Interior's Handbook for Historic Buildings, Vol. 2. Washington, D.C.: Historic Preservation Education Foundation, 1993, pp. 3-23 - 3-25.
- Kaplan, Marilyn E. "The Installation of Fire Protection Systems in Historic Interior's." The Interior's Handbook for Historic Buildings, Vol. 2. Washington, D.C.: Historic Preservation Education Foundation, 1993, pp. 2-1 - 2-8.
- Kay, Gersil N. "Mechanical/Electrical Systems in Older Buildings." APT Bulletin, Vol. XXI No. 3/4, 1989, pp. 5- 7.
- Labine, Clem. "Sizing Up Grilles and Registers", and "Registers and Grilles Sourcelist." Traditional Building, March/April 1991, Vol. 4, No. 2, pp. 34-37.
- Park, Sharon C. "Heating, Ventilating, and Cooling Historic Buildings: Problems and Recommended Approaches." Preservation Briefs #24. Washington, D.C.: U.S. Department of the Interior, 1991.
- Belle, John, John R. Hoke, and Stephen A. Kliment, eds. Traditional Details for Building Restoration, Renovation, and Rehabilitation; From the 1932-1951 Editions of "Architectural Graphic Standards". New York: John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 1991.
- Kay, Gersil Newmark. Mechanical and Electrical Systems for Historic Buildings. New York: McGraw-Hill, Inc., 1992.